Thursday, June 20, 2013

A pleasant interlude

Two weeks have passed since the last operation and one week since the removal of the dreaded catheter. It is with great relief and enthusiasm that I can advise the reader of crystal clear urine with no peeing pain or any other visible abnormalities. Appetite is good and weight gain quite evident as I had lost a few pounds during the last hospital experience.
Now a short story.
About 20 years ago a doctor in Canada advised me to take a small white pill called Allopurinol which assists in the control of uric acid that was responsible for my occasional attacks of gout. This affliction though not serious is very very painful but not wanting to be a pill popper for the rest of my life I declined the advice and relied on aspirin (4 or 5) to reduce the swelling that occasionally manifested in the big toe of my right foot. Well, after 20 years I finally overcame my stubborn resistance and decided to try Allopurinol, the generic version of which is very cheap here in Guatemala. Lo and behold after 5 days the big toe of my right foot provided a performance equal to any previous experience with a corresponding pedastic inability. So I then had to ask John to go to the pharmacy and get some small yellow pills called Colchimedio in an effort to reduce the swelling which proved successful and I am now able meander around painlessly. Later research on the Internet revealed that possible side effects (a polite term for actual effects) include attacks of gout until the body becomes accustomed to the ingestion of Allopurinol.
To the inexperienced reader you may not understand my decision never ever to take that innocuous white pill again and for those who do I sincerely hope that the effects are not similar.

Mother Parama and Yogidog
On a lighter note the photograph is of our resident Yoga Maestra which should not be confused with the German "Jagermeister" which as any heavy drinker will know is a remedy for a serious hangover. Also the reader is urged not to draw any connection between Yogibear and the Yoga dog called 'Peanuts'.

Thanks to Mother Parama for the great photo'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.