Thursday, January 31, 2013

As I am..................Now

The cancer became evident about 3 years ago when I discovered blood in the urine. I ignored this at first, not from fear of what it might be, but only because of the fact that I don’t like going to the doctor. Well, the sickness became steadily worse over a period of 3 months until the then unknown tumour had blocked the urethra and I couldn’t take a pee. Briefly, Jose and Otto took me to the emergency entrance of a hospital in Guatemala City where I spent a month undergoing tests before laser surgery to remove the tumour.
Last month, lo and behold, more blood in the urine. This time however I was recommended a urologist close by and within the space of 2 weeks I had another laser surgery at a private hospital to remove 3 smaller tumours and after a biopsy, was diagnosed with moderately invasive bladder cancer. It is now just over a month since the operation and the urologist has advised me of the options available to me as either a cure or to prolong life.
1. The cure…………………Cystectomy…..removal of the bladder
2. No cure…………………..Radiation……to prolong life.
3. No cure…………………..Chemotherapy….to prolong life
After much research and consideration I have decided to use an alternative method which primarily involves diet in an effort to boost my own immune system to return cancer cells to healthy cells. A masticating juicer should arrive tomorrow which will help me accomplish this and I intend to blog regularly to keep all of the interested readers updated.





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.